Behind the green baize door, an Irish butler always wore an oversized half apron to protect his clothing and ensure he always looked his best when the service or door bell rang.
Based on an original vintage item stored in an attic, this beautifully crafted apron is woven using a highly absorbent, durable and weighty huckaback weave. And everything about it is generous in a wonderful old-school way.
The first item from our FM by Francis M collection, we weave this linen here in Ireland in small batches based on the orders in-hand, wash from loom-state, cut and sew in-house. No external finishing is required which gives it even stronger eco-credentials.
- Butler's Half Apron
- 100% Irish Linen
- Textured, durable and highly absorbent huckaback weave
- Oatmeal base, with white and dove grey stripe. Shades may vary slightly.
- Woven and finished entirely in Ireland
- An enveloping 31" wide x 29" long
- Very generous ties (100% cotton) with sewn in loop for hanging on a hook
- We weave in small batches rather than stockpile. Please allow at least 6 weeks - you will have many years to enjoy.
- Complimentary shipping